Funny Jokes

  • Home

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

College Essay

7:30 AM No comments

This was actually an essay written by a college applicant
applying to colleges/universities. The author of this essay,
Hugh Gallagher, now attends NYU

ESSAY IN ORDER FOR THE ADMISSIONS STAFF OF OUR COLLEGE TO GET TO
KNOW YOU, THE APPLICANT, BETTER, WE ASK THAT YOU ANSWER THE
FOLLOWING QUESTION: ARE THERE ANY SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCES YOU
HAVE HAD, OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU HAVE REALIZED, THAT HAVE HELPED
TO DEFINE YOU AS A PERSON?

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing
ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch
breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat
retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write
award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I
tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my
sensuous and godlike trombone playing.

I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed,
and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an
expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.
Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once
single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin
from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I
was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous
documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges
in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after
school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an
abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy
evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I
receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won
the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a
traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft
floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany
circles.

Children trust me. I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving
objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby
Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to
refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact
location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed
several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when
I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I
successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had
seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me. I
balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.
On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact
origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot
to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals
using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning
clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving
competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I
have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I
have spoken with Elvis. But I have not yet gone to college.

Can you believe this???

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Sponsor

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

  • Why English is a Pain to Learn
    Comedy Joke Title:Why English is a Pain to Learn Joke Description: - The bandage was wound around the wound. - The farm was used to produc...
  • Why Sports Scholarship is an Oxymoron
    Comedy Joke Title:Why Sports Scholarship is an Oxymoron Joke Description: "You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circl...
  • Blond Quiz!!
    Comedy Joke Title:Blond Quiz!! Joke Description: If you awnser YES for any of the following you are a Dumb Blond. 1.Have you ever sent a fa...
  • Best Goldfish Joke Ever!
    Comedy Joke Title:Best Goldfish Joke Ever! Joke Description: Two goldfish were in their tank. One turns to the other and says, "You m...
  • Why did The Chicken Cross the Road?
    Comedy Joke Title:Why did The Chicken Cross the Road? Joke Description: Question: Why did the chicken cross the road? KINDERGARTEN TEACHER...
  • No a Member
    Comedy Joke Title:No a Member Joke Description: Three women are in a gym locker room dressing up to play racquetball when suddenly a guy run...
  • Books
    Comedy Joke Title:Books Joke Description: Please submit your Funny / Comedy Jokes via replying to this post. Thank you for visiting to our ...
  • The careful application of terror
    Comedy Joke Title:The careful application of terror Joke Description: The careful application of terror is also a form of communication. P...
  • Full
    Comedy Joke Title:Full Joke Description: What do you call a prostitute with a runny nose? Full! Submitted by Calamjo Edited by Curtis ...
  • Tigger
    Comedy Joke Title:Tigger Joke Description: Why did Tigger get his head stuck in the toilet? He was looking for Pooh. Please submit your ...

Labels

  • BAR JOKES
  • CELEBRITY JOKES
  • Husband Wife Jokes
  • LAWYER JOKES
  • LITTLE JOHNNY JOKES
  • MARRIAGE JOKES
  • MONEY JOKES
  • NATIONALITY JOKES
  • One Liner Jokes
  • PICK-UP LINES
  • SCHOOL JOKES
  • SPORTS JOKES
  • TECHNOLOGY JOKES
  • TRAVEL & CAR JOKES
  • WORK JOKES
  • Yo Momma Jokes
Copyright © Funny Jokes | Powered by eLife Software Services